Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shake It Up, Baby

I know we all have our own weird little quirks, but one of mine is becoming more visible. I have had an essential tremor for eight years or so. (Think Katherine Hepburn in On Golden Pond, but mine isn't that bad.) My head just moves from side to side by itself. It is completely cosmetic with no other physical ramifications. So, anyway, I have always been able to tell when it happens and stop it if I concentrated. Now. Well. Not so much. I was walking down the hall the other day when someone said, "Is it that bad? That you are walking around shaking your head?" I didn't even know it was happening. Other people have commented as well, but I won't bore you with the details. It's worse when I'm tired or stressed, so this may be an excellent excuse to sleep late, get a mani/pedi, and indulge in a massage. In the meantime, if I start shaking my head when you are talking to me it doesn't mean that I am disagreeing with you. Not necessarily, anway. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. i think you're subconsciously trying to warn people: "Oh, NO You DON'T!" so embrace it. it might ward off some future prolems. my twitch is not so nice & polite: foaming at the mouth accompanied by fbombs. we all have our cross to bear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is not like you have had any reason to be tired or stressed lately...RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete